Bakersfield Car Accident Lawyer
Tim D. Wright Has Experience Serving Car Accident Victims
Remember that getting help from a qualified and seasoned car accident lawyer may be critical. This is particularly true after a significant injury. If you wait too long in pursuing your claims or fail to fully comprehend your damages, crucial evidence might disappear. You can lose valuable compensation that you need to pay for your recovery. We know that when you have major injuries, you can not carefully and immediately analyze the cause of the accident and collect information. It is even harder to handle the insurance companies.
Let our Bakersfield automobile accident lawyers at Tim D. Wright shoulder that burden for you.
What Should I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Call the authorities and make a police report. Do not let the other driver talk you into skipping this critical step. It can cause issues later on.
- Exchange information with the other driver. Take good photos of the other party's I.D. and insurance information. Some police departments will not make this info publicly available on the police report.
- Take down witness info. Independent witness testimony can be crucial to your claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and the damage to your vehicle as well as the other vehicles.
- Get medical care. If you have injuries, go to the emergency room or get medical care as soon as possible. You might have suffered much more severe injuries than you realized. Further, a long gap between an accident and medical care can make it challenging for your lawyer to prove that your injuries are related to the accident.
- Get in touch with our Bakersfield auto accident attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you have an attorney, the faster they can begin protecting your legal rights. Also, call a lawyer before you speak to any auto insurance carrier. They will often try to take a statement from you, which can be used against you later.
What Damages Can I Have After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
- Medical costs, like hospital visits, doctor appointments, physical therapy, ambulance costs, and so on.
- Pain and suffering refers to the physical and psychological anguish for which an individual can seek compensation in a case.
- Lost income from missing work after a major injury, among the most financially damaging elements of a motor vehicle accident.
What Are the Most Common Automobile Accident Injuries?
There are a variety of injuries that can result from car accidents, such as:
- Broken bone injury accidents-- When a fracture is much more serious, it can need surgery to repair.
- Back and neck injuries-- These are usually soft tissue injuries that resolve with therapy. However, in some cases accident victims sustain herniated discs that might require injections or surgery.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)-- Whether minor (like a concussion) or extreme, TBIs can require years of medical care. They may also result in brain death, vegetative states, comas, and even death.
- Lacerations-- Sometimes accident victims suffer large cuts that need stitches or staples and often leave disfiguring scars.
- Shoulder injuries, such as a torn rotator cuff or a torn labrum-- These injuries frequently require surgery.
- Burn injuries-- This can result from fire, yet it can also come from airbags. Our office has seen significant scarring from airbag injuries.
- Fatality-- Unfortunately, hundreds of people die each year in Bakersfield area auto accidents.
What Variables Affect My Settlement?
Calculating how much compensation you should anticipate from your settlement can be tough because the amount depends greatly on the facts of your case. A knowledgeable Bakersfield automobile accident lawyer will determine your economic as well as non-economic damages. They can also help you make the best decision on when to settle or take your case to court.
Your lawyer's job is to negotiate with the insurance carriers on your behalf until they secure a top offer from the insurance company. If that offer is fair, you settle. If not, your lawyer can file a lawsuit.
Variables that impact settlement value include:
- The extent of your injuries.
- The available insurance coverage. If the driver has little to no insurance, it's much more difficult to receive a high settlement from them. If the motorist has no or minimum insurance, the case might have to rely on your own uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for compensation.
- Whether liability is clear or disputed. For instance, the other party may not challenge liability in a rear-end accident yet may in a red-light accident.
- If your accident had more than one responsible party (third-party claims).
- If the at-fault party showed gross negligence when operating their motor vehicle.
- Your total medical expenses as well as other losses, such as lost wages from work.
- Your ability to return to work.
- The change in your quality of life before and after your accident.
- Your out-of-pocket costs.
Get in touch with our law firm if you 'd like more info about the potential value of your claim.
Our Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You
If you suffered injuries in an auto accident, or somebody you love tragically passed away, let the car accident attorneys at Tim D. Wright help you assess and know your rights and potential remedies. Further, we can help you obtain the compensation you need to recover fully.
The automobile accident lawyers at Tim D. Wright have experience representing Bakersfield drivers and passengers who suffered injuries in car accidents. We will independently investigate your accident and do what is necessary to help you recover. This allows you to concentrate on the important and difficult tasks of recovery and getting your life back in order.